(general reference photo only)
Typical Benefits of a lightweight flywheel for
various engine types:
- Reduced mass equals increased acceleration.
- A lightweight flywheel works particularly well with
turbo-charged engines because it reduces typical turbo lag.
- Increased supercharger efficiency due to less parasitic drag
on the crank.
- Improved mid-range torque in a normally aspirated engine due
to not having to overcome the heavy weight of a stock flywheel.
- CM uses only 6061-T6 aircraft grade or better billet
aluminum in the manufacturer of its flywheels.
- CM uses High Carbon steel for the friction surface.
- CM uses an OEM steel ring gear secured by bolts.
- CM offers a limited lifetime warranty.
- CM Billet Aluminum Flywheels meet SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2